Friday 2 May 2014

Fortune 500 vs. Startups - Corporate to Startup


I had the opportunity to speak with a founder of a startup that connects students and recent graduates with job opportunities at startup companies. I asked him about the kinds of applications he sees and he had a very interesting answer. He explained to me that students assume that the things fortune 500 looks for are exactly the same as what a startup looks for. In the world of startups progress and growth is the key focus. We need to grow into a sustainable business. We need to progress to our goals. So why should I care about how much your GPA is? Why should I care what clubs you were the president  of? I’m not saying there’s something wrong these things, it’s that startups look at this completely different

If challenging and purposeful work mean more to you than job security

If you’re the kind of person who embraces challenge

If you want to grow professionally and gain vital character strength. 

Then check out My Career City. The experts on staff help students and recent graduates find jobs in the fast-paced and rewarding world of start-up companies. Join today and see the great job opportunities they have available for someone just like you!

About AuthorHome - Corporate to Startup
My Career City
Facebook
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment